Thing 1 and Thing 2 are definitely a few of my favorite Dr. Seuss characters. I mean seriously, can that kooky blue hair get any more awesome? I thing not! That’s why today we are sharing how to make this super duper fun Thing 1 and 2 Blow Painting Dr. Seuss Craft. It’s perfect to go along with reading The Cat in the Hat and Read Across America Day next month.
How to Make a Thing 1 and 2 Blow Painting Dr. Seuss Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- Dr. Seuss Craft Template <—-Get this in our TPT Store!
- heavy white cardstock
- black marker
- liquid watercolors
- glue stick
Dr. Seuss Craft Instructions:
1. Begin by drawing the face and body of Thing 1 or 2 on your white cardstock paper. You can also purchase our Thing 1 craft template in our Teacher’s Pay Teacher’s store to make prep work a breeze!
2. Paint the body of your Thing 1 or 2 red with your watercolors.
3. Add big drops of blue liquid watercolor around the face of your Thing 1 or 2 and use your straw to blow the paint all over the top of the head to make that crazy Thing 1 and 2 blue hair. Continue adding drops and blowing the paint until you have the look you want. Let the watercolor paint dry completely.
4. Cut out a white cardstock circle. Write “Thing 1” or “Thing 2” on the circle and glue it onto your Dr. Seuss craft. Or if you are doing this as a classroom activity or display, you can have each student use a different number to show individuality.
Looking for more Dr. Seuss fun? Check out these fun Dr. Seuss Crafts:
Have a Cat in the Hat fan? They’ll love how we turned a cupcake liner into a darling Cat in the Hat Craft.
The Lorax is one my favorites from Dr. Seuss. Here is a fun Lorax Craft to make after reading the treasured Dr. Seuss book.
Cupcake liners are the perfect compliment to this One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish Craft.