Our Baa Baa Black Sheep nursery rhyme fun continues this week with this darling preschool counting game printable. It is great for toddlers, preschoolers and even kindergartners for working on their counting skills from 1-12 and also works as an introduction and visual aid for learning simple addition facts.
BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP PRESCHOOL COUNTING GAME PRINTABLE
This simple and fun black sheep math activity that requires little prep and is a perfect theme for a spring or Easter learning activity for kids.
Supplies needed for this Preschool Counting Game:
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.
[The clipart used in the printable is from LittleRedsTreeHouse.com.]
How to set up the Baa Baa Black Sheep Counting Game Printable
1. Print off the Preschool Counting Game Printable on white cardstock paper. Use your 2-inch circle punch to cut out the 12 bags of wool on the second page of the printable. You could also cut these out by hand but the circle punch makes the task a breeze.
See Also: Dyed Cotton Ball Black Sheep Craft
2. Lay out the preschool counting game on a table with the wool bags on the side and place two dice inside the circle on the printable. You could also choose to use one dice for toddlers to play. Now your preschooler is all set to play!
How to play the Preschool Counting Game:
Playing the game is super simple. How many bags of wool does the black sheep have? Roll the dice then carefully move them into the circle on the printable. Count the dots on the dice to find out how many. Count out that number of wool bags and place them onto the printable. Clear the board and roll the dice again, continuing to play for as long as your preschooler or toddler desires.
I have also been working on addition with my preschooler so we extended the activity by using the dice and printable as a visual to discuss each addition fact as she rolled the dice.
If you want to use the game in a preschool or kindergarten classroom setting, I recommend laminating the printable and wool pieces to make them more durable for multiple child-use.
Combine this fun preschool counting game printable with the book Baa Baa Black Sheep by Jane Cabrera.
You might also enjoy these other sheep-themed activities:
- Yarn Wrapped Sheep Craft
- Sheep Printable Sights Words Game
- Baa Baa Black Sheep Craft
- Cupcake Liner Sheep Craft
- Sheep Craft for Kids