If you’ve been following us for a while you have seen our recent love for using bottle caps with alphabet learning activities. My daughter absolutely adores these activities and she is becoming very proficient with matching her capital and lowercase letters from all of her practice. If you are looking for a fun way to practice the alphabet with your preschooler, here is a great Snowflake Alphabet Match Game.
Supplies you will need:
- snowflake alphabet printable
- capital letters printable
- white poster board
- 26 bottle caps (we used milk caps)
- glue stick
1. Print off the Snowflake Alphabet printable. Cut out all of the individual snowflakes and glue them all over your white poster board.
2. Print off the capital letters printable. Cut out each individual letter and glue them onto your bottle caps.
3. Now your child can have fun matching all the capital letter bottle caps onto the lowercase letter snowflakes.
I always start out asking my daughter what letter she is matching and if she knows the sound. This go around I also challenged her to think of a word that the letter starts with.
Make sure to check out our Snowman Alphabet Match for another winter-themed alphabet activity.
This post is part of a collaborative preschool series where four bloggers and myself have joined together to bring you fun crafts and activities based on a common preschool learning theme. This week we are sharing ideas focused on Winter.
Check out all the other Winter ideas from the other Collaborative Preschool Bloggers:
Painted Winter Trees | Hand Made Kids Art
The Snowy Day Shadow Box | Pink Stripey Socks
Penguin Snowglobe Sensory Craft| Artsy Momma
Kids Art: Easy Winter Scene + Snow Paint Recipe | A Little Pinch of Perfect
Stop by Friday, January 23rd for Body Parts Activities.
More Winter-themed Crafts & Activities: