Materials you will need:
- 3 toilet paper rolls cut in half
- washi tape (varying colors and patterns)
- hole punch
- string or yarn
- 2 googly eyes
- small piece of red yarn (or red strip of paper if you don’t have red yarn)
- glue dots (or school glue)
2. Use the washi tape to decorate your toilet paper rolls. I found it easiest to tear off a piece of washi tape and wrap it all the way around the toilet paper roll. I covered my rolls completely but smaller children probably won’t cover them completely. That’s ok! The craft still turns out adorable! It might be helpful to pre-cut pieces of the washi tape for smaller children and place them on the end of a table hanging off so they can easily grab them.
3. When you are finished decorating your pieces, line your snake up exactly as you want it and use your hole punch to punch holes in the toilet paper role pieces to connect them together. The inside pieces will need a hole on each end, but the two outside pieces will only need one hole punched in them.
4. Now connect all the pieces together. Cut a piece of your string or yarn, thread it through one hole from one of the toilet rolls and another hole in another toilet roll and tie a knot. Cut off any excess string. Continue this process connecting all 6 pieces together. I let my daughter thread the string through the holes but I tied the knots since she isn’t able to yet. It makes for great fine motor practice for preschoolers.
My daughter loves her new little snake friend!
Do you have a child that loves washi tape? Check out all of our Washi Tape Crafts!
You might also like our Beaded Lightning Bugs and Dragonfly Craft