My Mom is the ultimate superhero. She has lived with Multiple Sclerosis for the last 20 years and despite the fact that she hasn’t been able to walk for about 15 years she has never let it slow her down. Her strength in the midst of adversity is a super power I hope that I can have throughout my life too. Celebrate your superhero Mom this year with this DIY Superhero Mother’s Day Gift. Kids will love customizing their superhero to look just like their Mom and will win over their Mom’s heart not only because it’s darling but hello…chocolate!…The way to any woman’s heart!
How to Make a DIY Superhero Mother’s Day Gift
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- superhero template
- white, preferable neutral color for skin and colored cardstock
- yarn (color of your choice)
- tacky glue
Another awesome Mother’s Day Gift → See Paper Straw Tulip Craft
1. Begin by downloading the superhero template. The template is made with several different faces and gift tags on each page to accommodate a classroom if needed and to conserve paper. Print the faces on a skin color cardstock of your choice, print the gift tags on white cardstock and print the the superhero capes on any color of cardstock.
2. Cut out a superhero face, tag and cape. Use your markers to color in the features on the superhero face like eyes, nose and a mouth. Then color in the heart on the gift tag.
3. Cut three strands of yarn for the hair. Glue them down at the top of your superhero with tacky glue. You might also like to add bangs if your Mom has them.
4. Place the candy bar in the center of the superhero cape with the bottom of the candy bar at the bottom of the cape. Fold the top two corners inward and make a crease to create your cape. Remove the candy bar, add two pieces of tape in the center of the cape and stick your candy bar in place. Add a piece of tape on each corner of the folded cape and stick them down onto the candy bar.
5. Add a piece of tape at the bottom of the candy bar and place your gift tag on it. Finish your DIY superhero Mother’s Day gift by taping the face at the top of the candy bar.