We recently watched a show about arctic animals and my kids thought the Arctic Fox was adorable. We decided it would be fun to make one as a craft so we put together this Paper Plate Arctic Fox Craft. If your kids love arctic animals, you might also enjoy our Polar Bear Mask or Newspaper Polar Bear Craft.
How to Make a Paper Plate Arctic Fox Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Watch the full tutorial of us making the paper plate Arctic Fox craft before you get started. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you never miss a new video!
Instructions to make Paper Plate Arctic Fox Craft:
1. Start by cutting your paper plate in half. Fold the corners of one of the paper plate halves inward towards the center of the plate to create a triangle shape. Staple the pieces shut in the back.
2. Put your stapler inside the triangle shape and staple it onto your other paper plate. (see picture below)
3. Add some glue onto your paper plates and cover them with tissue paper. Trim off any pieces that hang off the ends.
4. Glue your large googly eyes and black pom onto your fox face.
5. Cut two triangle ears, four legs and a tail out of your white cardstock paper. Glue them onto your paper plate arctic fox craft. (Optional: Add tissue paper onto the tail to give it more texture.)
He turned out really cute! You could also turn this into a regular fox craft by adding orange tissue paper to the fox instead of the white. Check out our Cupcake Liner Fox Craft for more inspiration.