Can you believe Halloween is only a few weeks away? We have already shared lots of great Halloween crafts but we have a few more we are excited to share like this Sponge Painted Jack-o-Lantern. It is super simple to make, only 3 steps, and it’s a fun craft that gives kids an opportunity to create a truly unique piece of artwork. It is also a perfect preschool craft for learning about triangles.
HOW TO MAKE A SPONGE PAINTED JACK-O-LANTERN CRAFT
Supplies you will need:
- white and brown cardstock paper
- orange and black paint
- sponge cut into small triangle
- small paper plate
- paint brush
- glue stick
1. Start by cutting a pumpkin shape out of your white cardstock paper. Paint it orange and then set it aside to try completely.
2. Cut a few small triangle shapes out of your sponge. Squeeze a small amount of black paint on your paper plate.
3. Dip your triangle sponge into your black paint then press it onto your pumpkin to make eyes on your jack-o-lantern. Continue dipping the sponge into the paint and onto your pumpkin and make a one-of-kind jack-o-lantern face.
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with our latest crafts and activities!
You might also enjoy these crafts & activities: