Boy this summer flew by! Can you believe it’s back to school season already? One of my favorite things about back to school time is all of the fun and colorful apple crafts.
Every year we enjoy getting crafty with an apple theme making beautiful apple trees and apple crafts. This year we started out with our apple theme by getting out the watercolors and newspaper and created this simple painted newspaper apple tree craft.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make a Painted Newspaper Apple Tree Craft
Supplies Needed to Make this Apple Tree Craft
– light blue cardstock paper
– liquid watercolors
– red ¾-inch circle stickers
– glue stick
Directions for this Painted Newspaper Apple Tree
1. Start by painting sections of your newspaper with green and brown liquid watercolors. The newspaper will be saturated so let it sit for several hours (or overnight) and it will crisp back up as it dries.
2. Cut out an apple tree trunk from your painted brown newspaper and a tree top from your painted green newspaper.
3. Glue your tree trunk onto your light blue cardstock paper. Then glue your green tree top on top of your trunk.
4. Finish your painted newspaper apple tree craft by adding your round circle stickers as apples all over your tree.
Looking for some fun books to go along with apple tree craft? Try one of these:
– Our Apple Tree by Gorel Kristina Naslund
– Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins
– Curious George Apple Harvest by H. A. Rey
– Little Apple by Brigitte Weninger and Anne Moller
– Red are the Apples by Wade Zahares
– Apples by Gail Gibbons