Supplies you will need:
- plastic bin
- split peas (enough to fill the bottom of your bin a couple inches)
- small metal bucket
- Fox Tale Soup Characters Printable
- 4 paper straws or 8 popsicle sticks
- 6 milk caps
- small rock
- Read the book out loud while your child reenacts the story in the bin.
- Let your child reenact the story by memory in the bin. I like playing this way to help practice with comprehension. My daughter loves retelling me stories after we read them so I’m constantly making her fun props like stick puppets and paper bag puppets.
- Use the bin for sensory play by letting your child play creatively however they choose with the characters and different materials.
We used the bin all three ways. My daughter loved retelling the story herself and acting it out while I read it, but truthfully she enjoys the sensory aspect of the bin the most and being able to just explore and play creatively with it. Check out Fox Tale Soup on Amazon!(Affiliate Link)