Going to the zoo is a favorite during childhood. A child’s love for the zoo and animals makes a zoo theme a great topic for preschool. The creative preschool bloggers have joined together to bring you some creative zoo themed preschool activities that your children are going to love. If you don’t have time to put them together now before the school year ends, use these ideas this summer or save them away for next year.
Creative Zoo Themed Preschool Activities
1. Save up those k-cups and use them to make this adorable lion craft from Artsy Momma. The lion is a definite favorite at our house.
2. Work on the letter Z while creating a cute zebra craft. I love how School Time Snippets uses marbles to paint the stripes on the zebra. Such a fun art activity for preschoolers.
3. Let preschoolers use their creativity to design their very own zoo. This is a fabulous open-ended activity for preschoolers from Pink Stripey Socks!
4. Does this animal live in the zoo? A Little Pinch of Perfect shares this awesome zoo animal sorting tray where kids can explore different animals and their habitats.
5. Help grow your preschooler’s creative thinking skills with these zoo inspired creative drawing prompts from Hand Made Kids Art.
6. Kids are full of imagination. After visiting the zoo make these adorable giraffe finger puppets and have fun putting on a puppet show.
7. These paper bag hippopotamus puppets also make a great craft for putting on a puppet show. Those marshmallow teeth are pretty dang cute if I say so myself.
8. Print off this I-Spy Zoo Animals Printable for your preschooler from School Time Snippets and let them work on math as they count and write down how many animals they see.
9. Does your child love seeing the polar bears at the zoo? This paper plate polar bear craft from Artsy Momma is perfect to create after observing polar bears.
10. Learn all about the letter G with this fun giraffe craft and giraffe spots number and counting game from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
11. This 3D Paper Plate Lion Mask from Pink Stripey Socks is sure to fill your preschooler’s afternoon full of fun!
12. Learn fun facts about zoo animals while encouraging your child’s creative thinking skills with these Print and Draw Prompts from Hand Made Kids Art.
If you enjoyed these zoo themed preschool activities, check out all of the Creative Preschool Learning Themes for more ideas on how to make preschool learning fun!