January is a perfect time to celebrate the winter season with fun arts and crafts activities like this super cute paper bowl snowman craft. The 3-D effect created by the paper bowl gives this darling snowman craft some extra charm, making it a perfect winter craft to put on display at home or at school on a classroom bulletin board. Did I mention how simple it is to create? Kids will have a blast crafting up this cute paper bowl snowman craft.
How to Make a Paper Bowl Snowman Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- paper bowl
- black cardstock
- blue cardstock (or color of your choice)
- black buttons
- orange adhesive felt sheet
- googly eyes
- pink paint
- sponge dabber painting brush
- tacky glue
- foam snowflake stickers (optional)
Related: Paper Bowl Pirate Craft
Watch the full tutorial of us making the paper bowl snowman craft before you get started. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you never miss a new video!
Paper Bowl Snowman Craft Instructions:
1. Begin by by pouring a small amount of pink paint onto a paper plate. Use your sponge dabber painting brush to paint rosy cheeks on your paper bowl snowman craft. Let the paint dry completely.
2. Cut a square and rectangle out of your black cardstock to form a snowman hat. Use your stapler to first staple the square at the top of the paper bowl. Then staple the rectangle brim of the hat at the bottom of the square piece.
3. Cut out a rectangle from your blue cardstock to make a snowman scarf. Then cut out another smaller rectangle to look like the scarf is wrapped around the snowman’s neck. Staple the scarf at the bottom of your paper bowl. Cut slits along the ends of the scarf with scissors.
4. Cut out a carrot nose from your orange adhesive foam sheet. Glue your googly eyes on your paper bowl snowman craft. Then peel the backing off your foam sheet carrot and place it on your snowman. Finally glue a black button mouth onto your snowman craft.
5. Finish your snowman craft by adding a few snowflake stickers on your hat and scarf. Or use crayons or markers to draw decorations on the scarf.
Your paper bowl snowman craft is complete!
The raised bottom of the paper bowl gives the snowman a fun 3-D effect. This cute snowman craft would be adorable up on a classroom bulletin board display for winter. Visit our TPT Store fore more classroom crafts inspiration.
Looking for more fun winter crafts?
You’ll love this newspaper polar bear craft or these beautiful paper straw snowflakes. Make sure to check out our adorable paper bowl scarecrow craft for another fun way to use paper bowls for crafting.