This Mother’s Day flower vase craft is a fun and simple craft idea for kids to make for Mom, Grandma or any loved one for Mother’s Day. It’s sure to brighten their day!
Flowers are a sure fire way to bring a smile to mom’s face on Mother’s Day. The great thing about this colorful vase of flowers is that they won’t wither away in a few days. Instead, mom can enjoy them for as long as she wants.
The 3D effect of the raised flower petals in this Mother’s Day craft is stunning!
Kids will love transforming mom and grandma’s favorite color into a gorgeous flower to place on top of the decorative paper flower vase.
How to Make a Mother’s Day Flower Vase Craft
Our craft template makes creating this fun flower craft super easy for kids. Grab the template below and follow our easy tutorial for making this colorful flower vase craft.
You’ll also find watching our step-by-step video tutorial inside this post helpful before you get started.
Supplies needed for your Mother’s Day Craft
- flower vase craft template <—– Get the template HERE
- light blue cardstock paper
- 24 lb colored paper or construction paper, colors of your choice
- patterned scrapbook paper (optional) -We received our scrapbook paper from our friends at Orientaltrading.com. All opinions expressed are my own.
- glue stick
Instructions for making the Flower Vase Craft
1. Download and print out the flower vase craft template. Cut out each of the pieces of the template. We found it easiest to print out the flower petals pages on colored paper.
2. After cutting out the flower vase and inside of flower pieces, use them as a template to trace and cut out the pieces on patterned scrapbook paper and yellow paper.
Related: Hyacinth Flower Mother’s Day Card Idea
3. Add glue on the outside circle of the flower template and adhere one of the flower petal paper strips on it. Now add glue at the end of the flower petal strip you just attached. Bend the opposite end of the paper strip and glue the two ends together to make a looped flower petal.
4. Glue three more paper strips on your flower, one at the top, bottom and each side. Use the picture above as a reference.
5. Now glue four more paper strips in the empty slots around the the flower template. Then glue and add the second layer of paper flower petals around the flower template.
6. Glue the inside of the flower in the center of the flower template.
Related: Mother’s Day Flower Pot Craft
7. Add glue on the back of the flower vase and glue it at the bottom of a light blue piece of cardstock paper. Then add glue on the back of your flower and glue it at the top of the flower vase.
8. Finish your Mother’s Day flower vase craft by gluing the “Happy Mother’s Day!” tag on your flower vase.
Children might also want to add some extra personalization to their Mother’s Day craft by using crayons, colored pencils or markers to write a message around their paper.
You could also cut out a photo of the child into a circle and place it inside the flower to make it an extra special keepsake for Mom or Grandma.
More Fun Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids
Mom is sure to smile from ear to ear when she opens up this You are my Sunshine pop up card. Our template makes it easy for kids of all ages to make.
Coffee lovers will go crazy over this fun Mother’s Day coffee card. Add a gift card to Mom’s favorite coffee shop so she can treat herself to her favorite cup of joe.
This darling butterfly card is a fun process art activity for kids and the end result is stunning and something mom will treasure forever.
Looking for more amazing ideas? Check out our awesome list of more than 25 fun and easy Mother’s Day crafts for kids to make.