Get ready for an afternoon full of fun making and playing with these adorable koala finger puppets!
These cute koala finger puppets are great for kids of all ages, especially for preschoolers.
Since preschool is a great time to work on strengthening fine motor muscles in the hands and fingers, playing with finger puppets is a fantastic make and play activity for preschoolers.
Fun and Easy Koala Finger Puppets
Our handy free template makes creating these koala puppets super easy, along with the fact that you only need a few simple craft supplies to make them.
Follow along with our easy tutorial below to make your own finger puppets, or catch the how-to video inside this post.
Supplies needed to make your finger puppets
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- koala finger puppet template <—– Get the Free Template Here
- gray cardstock
- black cardstock
- self-adhesive small googly eyes (We received our googly eyes from OrientalTrading.com. All opinions expressed are my own.)
- 3/4-inch or 1-inch circle punch
- pencil for tracing
- glue stick
Instructions to make this fun koala craft
1. Download the free koala finger puppets craft template and print it out on gray cardstock paper.
2. Cut out each of the pieces from the template. Use the nose as a template to trace it on a scrap piece of black cardstock with a pencil, and then cut it out.
Related: Gnome Finger Puppets
3. Using the holes marked on the koala body template as a guide, cut out the finger circles with a circle hole punch.
For younger children we recommend a 3/4-inch size circle punch. For older children, or adults, you will want to use a 1-inch circle punch.
4. Glue each of the ears onto the koala head. Then glue the nose in the center of the koala face. Use scissors to cut small slits along the bottom half of each koala ear. This is optional, but it adds some fun texture to your koala craft.
5. Add glue at the top of the koala body and attach the koala head to it. Then glue each of the arms onto your koala.
6. Place a dot of glue on the back of two small googly eyes and place them on your koala face. Or we love using googly eyes that already have adhesive on the back of them, like these we received from OrientalTrading.com. They are handy since you don’t have to wait for glue to dry.
Related: Zebra Finger Puppets
7. Use a fine tip marker, colored pencil or crayon to draw a smile on your koala.
Your koala finger puppets are ready for play
To play with your koala, place two of your fingers inside the holes at the bottom of the finger puppet. Move your fingers around and watch as your koala walks and dances around.
More fun Finger Puppets Your kids will love
These adorable giraffe finger puppets are not only fun for kids to create, but they will also make a great friend companion to your koalas.
Quack, quack! These cute little chick finger puppets are easy for little ones to make and so fun to play with!
Arrgh! Yer little mateys are sure to love making one of these pirate finger puppets this summer. They are perfect for an afternoon full of fun.
Looking for more fun animal crafts to make with your kids? Check out our amazing list of over 50 zoo animal crafts.