Materials you will need:
- 12″ x 12″ blue cardstock paper
- coffee filter
- yellow and orange paint
- small paper plates
- large pom-pom (We received our Pom’s from our friends at Craftprojectideas.com.)
- glue stick
- foam curler (we purchased ours in a package at Dollar Tree)
2. Once your coffee filter is completely dry, use your glue stick to glue it to the center of your blue cardstock paper. It looks pretty amazing as it is, but we wanted to make some sun rays coming out of our sun so we continued on.
3. Pour some yellow paint on a small paper plate. Get out your foam curler and dab it in your yellow paint and then onto your paper to make sun rays around your coffee filter sun. Let the yellow paint dry completely.
Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy….as my kids like to say! And thankfully, this sun won’t burn your skin! It’s just beautiful to look at.
Here is my 3-year old’s finished artwork. We are really loving using these foam curlers for stamping. You have got to try it!!
You might also like our Star Bust Artwork we
made a couple years back using fork painting!
Follow I Heart Crafty Things on Facebook, Pinterest,
Google+, Twitter, and Instagram!