Last week we shared our cute Octopus which is not only a cute craft, but is great for pre-schoolers to work on cutting practice and fine motor skills. My creative preschool buddies also shared some great ocean themed crafts and activities and today I’m excited to share them all with you in one post. Get ready to plan a fun week learning all about the Ocean with your pre-schooler because there are some fantastic ideas here!
Click on the links below the pictures to be taken to the original post for the tutorial and to pin any individual posts.
1. Use party streamers and Cheerios to create this adorable Octopus Craft. Look for fun book recommendations at the end of the post.
2. Have you ever tried marbled shaving cream painting? Use this fun painting technique to create a colorful seahorse craft and couple it with knot tying practice, perfect for preschoolers.
3. Pre-schoolers will love getting their hands in this Ocean Sensory Activity. Try it with the sand dry and wet and with the addition of seaweed for even more fun. As a supplemental activity, use your seashells to create a matching game.
4. Print out one or several of these free ocean animal printables and have fun painting and creating your own ocean scene. Learn an awesome tip for how to create seaweed to add to your artwork within the post.
5. Whip up a batch of puffy paint and create an adorable Puffy Paint Ocean Collage. Preschoolers can practice counting as they add their goldfish onto their artwork. Look for a great book recommendation within the post.
6. Not only will pre-schoolers love helping create this Ocean in a Bag Sensory Activity, but it will keep them occupied for hours.
7. Use a paper plate to create this cute Crab craft and then tap it to watch it rock back and forth. Also find 9 more fun ocean crafts and activities in this post that your preschoolers will love.
8. Shark Binoculars…Yep! It doesn’t get more awesome than this! The added fine motor work by threading beads and straw pieces makes this a perfect preschool activity.
9. Incorporate this STEAM (Science | Technology | Engineering | Art | Math) activity into learning about the ocean by creating a DIY Ocean Drum to explore waves and the sounds they make.
10. Pre-schoolers will love using their creativity on this anchor drawing prompt printable to create their own, unique ocean scene. Find the printable on Day 12 of the post.
Stop by March 20, 2015 for Maps/Geography Crafts & Activities.
You might also enjoy these Ocean Crafts & Activities:
- Puffy Fish Craft
- Cupcake Liner Octopus
- X-Ray Fish Craft
- Fish Stamped Ocean Art
- Sticky Wall Ocean Art