Have you ever been up in a hot air balloon? Although I’m not sure I could handle the heights, I’ve always dreamed of how fascinating the experience would be. We have been going crazy lately with watercolor painted newspaper crafts and our latest hot air balloon craft for kids is so cute and perfect for spring. Kids will love getting creative by drawing unique and special designs on their hot air balloon craft.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make a Newspaper Hot Air Balloon Craft for Kids
- liquid watercolors
- blue and white cardstock paper
- brown paper lunch bag
- Fun Chalk Markers
- brown marker
1. Start by painting your newspaper with your liquid watercolors. Let the newspaper dry overnight. When it is dry, cut out a hot air balloon shape.
2. Cut clouds out from your white cardstock paper and glue them onto your blue cardstock paper. Then glue your hot air balloon top onto your paper on top of the clouds.
3. Cut a hot air balloon basket out of your brown paper lunch bag and glue it under your hot air balloon. Use your brown marker to connect the hot air balloon and basket.
4. Finish your craft by using your Fun Chalk Markers to decorate your hot air balloon.
You might also enjoy these crafts: