This stick owl craft for kids is so fun since it is made almost entirely of nature elements.
You can create an entire afternoon full of fun by going on a nature walk to collect all of your supplies and then come home to make this adorable owl craft.
How to Make a Stick Owl Craft for Kids
Some people are ridiculously in love with cats or shoes, but me…you can call me the crazy owl lady. I love, love owls and owl crafts! The kids craft stars challenge this month is all about sticks so after collecting a few handfuls we turned them into my most favorite thing of course…an owl.
Read our simple instructions below for how easy it is to create this owl craft from things found in nature.
Supplies needed to make this Owl Nature Craft:
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- leaves (we used dried out leaves but you could also use fresh)
- small round rocks
- Fun Chalk Markers
- tacky glue
Instructions for making this Owl Stick Craft
1. Start by cutting out the shape of an owl from your cardboard.
2. Lay out your sticks on your cardboard shape, adjusting them to make them straight and break off or cutting any pieces to make them fit the shape.
See Also: Ladybug Stick Craft for Kids
3. Use your tacky glue to glue all of your sticks onto your cardboard. Then glue your leaves on for wings, your rocks for eyes and another small stick for a beak.
4. Use your Fun Chalk Markers to color in the eyes, the beak and to add some fun color and feather texture onto your owl craft.
More fun Stick Crafts from some of our friends:
Stick and Leaf Butterfly Nature Craft | Artsy Craftsy Mom
DIY Stick Toys for Imaginative Play | Artsy Momma
Stick Snail Craft | I Heart Arts-n-Crafts
Origami Butterfly Stick Toys | Pink Stripey Socks
Easy Popsicle Stick Art Sculptures With Kids | hello, Wonderful
Twig Boat Craft | Easy Peasy and Fun
You might also enjoy these fun crafts:
- Newspaper Owl Craft for Kids
- Nature Dragonfly Craft
- Stunning Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Painted Newspaper Butterfly Craft
- 8 Owl Crafts for Kids