Supplies you will need:
- Yoplait yogurt cup (washed and dried)
- brown acrylic paint
- paint brush
- 2 large googly eyes
- large red pom
- 2 gold or brown pipecleaners
- brown cardstock paper
- 2-inch circle punch
(or cut one out by hand)
- hole punch
- hot glue gun
1. After eating your yogurt wash out your cup and let it dry. Then give it a good coat of brown paint. You might have to give the cup a couple coats. Let the paint dry completely.
2. Get your other supplies ready while your paint is drying. Use your 2-inch circle punch to punch a brown circle out of your brown cardstock paper. Punch a hole on each side of the circle with your hole punch (see picture below).
3. For the pipe cleaners pieces, cut one of the pipe cleaners in half and set the 2 pieces aside. Take the other pipe cleaner, cut the pipe cleaner in half and then those two pieces in half again. Set two of those pieces aside. Then cut one of the remaining pipe cleaner pieces in half again and set those aside. Discard the unused piece. You should end up with six pipe cleaner pieces.
4. When your yogurt cup is dry, glue the red pom nose and the large wiggly eyes on the yogurt cup. We found it best to use a hot glue gun for this step. (An adult will have to do this step or will have to help with this step.)
5. Glue the 2″ brown circle on top of the yogurt container with the 2 holes aligned on the right and left sides of the cup (see picture below).
6. Put the two large pipe cleaner pieces inside the holes to help measure where you want to put the antlers then take them out of the holes.
7. To make the antlers, take one of the medium sized pipe cleaner strips, wrap it all the way around the pipe cleaner once in the position you want it and then shape it up into a V. Do the same thing with the smallest pipe cleaner piece. Follow these steps for the other antler.
8. Put both antlers back into the holes on top of the yogurt cup.
9. Lastly, cut some small ears out of brown paper and glue them on to your Rudolph.
This Rudolph below we used a large red pom pom for the nose. My kids loved how silly the big red nose looked.
This Rudolph below has a medium sized red pom, my personal favorite. These make such a fun festive decor around the house!
Some books about Reindeers:
You might also enjoy or Ornament Stamped Christmas Tree Craft!