A couple months ago I shared this Paper Plate Elephant Puppet craft over at Brassy Apple. I wanted to share the tutorial with my readers here in case you missed it over there.
Materials you will need:
- Large sturdy paper plate
- cup for tracing a circle (ours was 3 1/4″ diameter)
- craft knife (for adult use only)
- gray paint
- paint brush
- 2 sheets of gray cardstock paper
- small piece of pink paper
- 2 large googly eyes
- adult-sized gray sock (I purchased a pair at the dollar store)
- glue gun (for adult use only)
4. Turn the paper plate over and glue on the ears, googly eyes, and mouth. You can use school glue for this part, but if you are inpatient like us, you can use hot glue to put the pieces on so you don’t have to wait for it to dry. Now it’s time to play!
Just put your arm in the sock hole in the back of the paper plate and you have an elephant truck!
You’ll have lots of giggles, laughter and tons of fun!!
There are so many different books you can use to go along with this craft. Here is a picture of several we picked up at the library when we made this craft.