Painted Newspaper has become my new best friend in the craft room. I am seriously in love with the vibrant colors of the liquid watercolors against newsprint.
Today we are sharing this painted newspaper robot craft that could easily be my new favorite newspaper craft. Kids will love cutting out shapes and getting creative making colorful robots! Look for some fun book recommendations at the bottom of this post.
How to Make a Painted Newspaper Robot Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Supplies Needed for this Robot Newspaper Craft
- liquid watercolors
- light blue cardstock (or color of your choice)
- metallic Sharpie Markers
- wiggly eyes*
*We received these products from our friends at craftprojectideas.com. All opinions expressed are my own. You can find them at your local Walmart on the craft supplies aisle.
More Robot Fun → Sponge Painted Robots Craft
Instructions for this Painted Newspaper Robot Craft
1. Begin by painting a sheet or two of old newspaper with your liquid watercolors. If you want colorful robots make sure to use several different colors, or mix colors together. Let the newspaper sit for several hours or overnight to dry.
2. When your newspaper is dry cut out different shapes to make your robots….squares, rectangles, circles and ovals. Use the shapes to design your robots. I fit two robots on my light blue cardstock but you could also make one bigger robot. Once you have laid out the design you want for your robots, glue all the newspaper pieces down onto your cardstock paper.
3. Use your metallic Sharpie markers to add details to your newspaper robot craft like antennae, a mouth, arms, etc.
4. Glue googly eyes onto your robots. Now finish your newspaper robot craft by gluing sequins onto the body of your robots.