Looking for an awesome art project for the kids to make during a New Year’s Eve celebration? This mixed media New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft is absolutely stunning and is perfect for kids of all ages. The use of newspaper gives this beautiful fireworks craft a fun recycled element and the bright colors and sparkly glitter glue make the fireworks pop off the paper. Get ready for a night full of fun with this gorgeous New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft.
How to Make a Mixed Media New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- black cardstock
- yellow highlighter
- acrylic paint
- paper plate
- glitter glue (We received ours from our friends at Craftprojectideas.com. All opinions expressed are my own. You can find the product at your local Walmart in the craft supplies aisle.)
- glue stick
Watch the full tutorial before you get started. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you never miss a new video!
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft Instructions:
1. Begin by cutting out several rectangle buildings from your newspaper. Make them different in width and height to give your fireworks craft more dimension. Glue the buildings along the bottom of your black cardstock paper with your glue stick.
2. Use your yellow highlighter to make lit up windows inside all of your newspaper buildings.
3. Pour several different colors of acrylic paint onto a paper plate. Use Q-tips to paint colorful fireworks along the entire top of your newspaper buildings. Let your paint dry.
4. Use your colorful glitter glue to add sparkle to your New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft. Add the glitter glue to the existing painted lines and then add more lines coming out from each firework on your paper.
5. Let the glitter glue dry completely.
Your Mixed Media New Year’s Eve Fireworks Craft is complete!
Looking for more New Year’s Eve fun? Here are 10 New Year’s Eve Kid Crafts and Activities your little ones are sure to love! Kids will love helping prep for your New Year’s Eve celebration with these DIY cupcake toppers too.