Do your kids love monsters? Mine sure do. Not the scary kind though. Only silly, friendly, non-scary monsters are allowed at our house.
We have lots of favorite monster books that we love to read year round and since they’ve been my daughter’s choice this week for reading time we decided to put together this simple monster puppet craft for kids.
It is seriously the simplest thing ever and your kids are going to love getting creative with circle stickers to create their own unique, silly non-scary monster to play with.
Make sure to look for book recommendations at the bottom of this post.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make a Monster Puppet Craft with an Envelope
Supplies Needed for this Monster Puppet
– #10 standard size envelope
– paint (color of your choice)
-colored cardstock paper
– neon Avery 3/4-inch round labels
– googly eyes
– black marker
Directions for this Monster Puppet Craft
1. Start by sealing your envelope shut and then cut it in half. Each half will make one monster puppet. Paint the front of your envelope with the color of your choice and let it dry completely.
2. Cut out antennae from your colored cardstock paper and glue them on the back of your envelope.
3. Add neon Avery round labels wherever you want to add eyeballs on your monster. We also added them at the top of our antennae. You could also make your monster a polka-dot monster and not use them for eyes.
4. Glue googly eyes onto your monster puppets and then use your black marker to draw a monster mouth onto your envelope.
Once your glue is completely dry, your monster puppet is all ready for play! Simply place your hand inside the envelope, get your monster voice all ready, and play with your new adorable monster puppets.
Try coupling this simple monster puppet craft with one of these cute children’s books:
– The Monstore by Tara Lazar
– Big Bad Bubble by Adam Rubin
– Love Monster by Rachel Bright
– Romping Monsters, Stomping Monsters by Jane Yolen