We have been hearing and seeing crows around our neighborhood lately so we took it as an opportunity to read some books with crows and then make this foam cup crow craft.
It is super cute and makes a great fall kids craft. Those pipe cleaner legs and feet are so cool aren’t they?! You’re kids are going to love making this fun crow craft!
Look for some book recommendations at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make a Foam Cup Crow Craft
Supplies Needed for this Foam Cup Crow
– small foam cup
– black paint
– black pipe cleaners
– black and gray cardstock or construction paper
– googly eyes (We got our fun Halloween colored eyes at Michael’s.)
– glue (we used Tacky glue)
Directions for Making this Foam Cup Crow Craft
1. Start by painting the outside of your small foam cup with your black paint. Let it dry completely.
2. While your paint is drying, cut out a gray beak and black wings from your cardstock paper.
3. Make your black crow feet out of your black pipe cleaners. Start by cutting one of your pipe cleaners in half and then one of those halves in half again. Wrap the center of one of the smaller pieces all the way around the large piece near the bottom. This will leave you with three toes. Then wrap your other smaller pipe cleaner around the same section to make a fourth toe. You’ll have to cut off any excess of length in any of the toes.
4. Once your paint is dry, glue your gray beak and black wings onto your foam cup. Then glue on your googly eyes.
5. Finish your foam cup crow craft by poking the end of your feet into the bottom of the foam cup. Wrap them around the bottom of the cup and back up to the front of the cup. Then wrap the end of the pipe cleaner around the foot to secure it shut.