Looking for some fun ways to celebrate Chinese New Year with your kids? Today we are sharing 8 awesome Chinese New Year Dragon crafts that are perfect for celebrating the holiday with your children. Look through these fantastic ideas, grab some crafting materials and get ready for an afternoon full of fun! Make sure to check out the book recommendations at the end of this post.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
8 Awesome Chinese New Year Dragon Crafts for Kids
1. Gather some leftover cupcake liners to make this cool cupcake liner dragon craft. | I Heart Crafty Things
2. Egg cartons and empty cardboard rolls join together perfectly to make this fun dragon craft. | Pink Stripey Socks
3. Printed bubble wrap adds an awesome texture to this cute dragon craft. | I Heart Crafty Things
4. Crafting with recyclable materials is my absolute favorite, just like in this Chinese New Year Dragon craft. | Hello, Wonderful
5. Another fun Chinese dragon craft using an egg carton with sparkly pipe cleaners and sequins. | I Heart Crafty Things
6. Here’s a fun way to make a dragon out of a paper bag which also couples as a fun puppet for kids. | Fun Handprint Art
7. Kids will love using their handprints to create this darling dragon craft. | A Little Pinch of Perfect
Chinese New Year Books for Kids:
– Bringing in the New Year by Grace Lin
– The Dancing Dragon by Marcia K. Vaughan
– Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats: A Treasury of Chinese Holiday Tales, Activities & Recipes by Nina Simonds
– The Great Race: The Story of the Chinese Zodiac by Dawn Casey