Unfortunately, it was just a small cut out section from a magazine page so I can’t give proper credit. I’m so sorry! 🙁 Since I had lots of felt in my supplies it was a perfect craft to make for my kids.
They have loved playing with them…
Here is how to make them:
1. Cut out a bird body, wings and beak out of felt. I let my kids decide what colors they wanted to use. You can see what the pieces will need to look like in the picture below.
2. Use a craft knife to cut small slits in the center of the bird body, as shown pictured below.
3. Roll one of the wings up (pictured below).
4. Put the rolled wing through the slits in the bird body to attach it to the bird. The loop underneath the bird now acts as the place you put your finger in to use it as a puppet.
5. Use a hot glue gun to add on the beak and googly eyes.
6. Lastly, use a hot glue gun to add colorful feathers at the end of the bird. And wah-lah….A bright, colorful, finger puppet for your children to play with.