Looking for a lovely art project for the kids to make to celebrate Thanksgiving? This beautiful black glue turkey art project is a great art project for kids to enjoy at home or at school. After tracing the simple turkey pattern with black glue kids can paint it with watercolors to create their own unique looking turkey.
How to Make a Black Glue Turkey Art Project
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- black glue turkey art project printable <—-Get the turkey pattern here.
- mixed media paper
- Elmer’s school glue
- black acrylic paint
- watercolors (We love liquid watercolors!)
Related: 15 Adorable Turkey Crafts
1. Start by mixing together your black glue. To do this, use a bottle of Elmer’s School Glue that is about 75% full. Open the lid and squeeze in a generous amount of black acrylic paint. Put the lid back onto the school glue and then shake the bottle of glue vigorously for several minutes to incorporate as much of the black paint as possible. Then remove the lid again and stir the mixture with a skewer or stick until the black paint is combined thoroughly with the glue.
2. Print out the black glue turkey art project printable on mixed media paper. Before you begin tracing the turkey with your black glue, test out the glue first on a napkin or separate piece of paper. Create some lines to experiment with the flow and spread of glue.
3. Once you are happy with the way the glue flows, use a steady hand to trace the lines of your turkey with your black glue.
4. Leave the black glue to dry overnight. This step is important because if you paint your picture prior to the black glue drying your watercolors will mix with the black paint.
5. Once the black glue is completely dry, paint your turkey art project with your watercolors. We love using liquid watercolors to paint our black glue art projects with since the colors are so bright and vibrant.
Your Black Glue Turkey Art Project is complete!
After our beautiful turkey art project was finished drying we cut out the excess white around the turkey pattern. These would make a darling display up on a classroom bulletin board for Thanksgiving.