It’s time to TACO ’bout how cute and adorable these taco Valentine’s Day cards are!
If you have a friend who gets giddy about tacos, this taco Valentine card is sure to be a hit! Our handy printable template makes these taco Valentine cards super easy for kids (and adults) to create and they are certain to bring a big ol’ smile to your taco loving friends’ faces.
Taco Tuesday a regular thing around my house. Say the word “taco” and I’m literally in, no question. I love tacos! My love for the deliciously crunchy food was my inspiration behind creating these fun taco Valentine’s Day cards.
My favorite thing about this simple Valentine card is when you open up the taco and reveal the personal message written on the inside. After kids finish making a taco card for each of their friends, they can spend time writing out a sentence inside the card sharing something that makes each friend unique and special.
How to Make Taco Valentine’s Day Cards
Read our easy step-by-step tutorial below for how you can make these fun and easy taco Valentine’s for your friends and family. Make sure to watch our video tutorial inside this post before get started too.
This post may contain affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Supplies needed for your Taco Valentine:
- taco valentine printable template <—- Get the template HERE
- yellow cardstock
- lime green cardstock
- red cardstock
- brown tissue paper (or any brown paper)
- small heart punch
- googly eyes
- black marker, colored pencils or crayons
- glue stick
Instructions for creating your taco Valentine cards
1. Download the taco Valentine printable template. Print out the taco shell on yellow cardstock paper and the inside card page on lime green cardstock paper. We used green for the inside of the card piece since it pokes out from the top of the card to look like lettuce.
You’ll notice we included two lettuce pieces on the second page of the template. This is to help conserve paper if you are making more than one taco Valentine.
2. Cut out each of the pieces from the template.
Related: 3D Hot Air Balloon Valentine Card
3. Fold the taco circle in half along the dashed line to create the taco shell card.
4. Use a black marker, crayon or colored pencil to write a special message to your Valentine on the green lettuce section from the template.
5. Cut out several small hearts from red cardstock paper using a small heart paper punch.
6. Cut out a small section of brown tissue paper to use for the taco meat. Open up the taco card. Place glue along the bottom section of the front of the taco shell. Crinkle up the brown tissue paper and attach it to the glue for your taco meat.
Note: We used tissue paper because we loved the extra texture and thickness it gave to our taco cards. If you don’t have brown tissue paper or don’t want to purchase any, don’t sweat it. Simply glue a rectangle section of brown cardstock or construction paper on the inside of the card for your taco meat.
Related: How to Make a Pop Up Flower Card
7. Add glue on the back of the green lettuce piece and glue it on the inside of the taco Valentine’s Day card. Then glue the small red hearts along the top of the green lettuce to look like little heart-shaped tomatoes.
8. Glue two small googly eyes on the front of the taco card to bring your cute taco to life. Then finish your taco Valentine by drawing a small smile under the googly eyes.
Give your taco Valentine’s Day cards to your favorite taco-loving friends and watch as their face lights up with happiness when they open up the taco to reveal the fun message written on the inside of the card.
More Easy Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids
Gnomes are all the rage this year! Grab our easy template and have fun making these adorable gnome Valentine’s for someone special this year.
These cute hedgehog Valentine’s are super cute and make a great fine motor activity for preschoolers and kids of all ages.
Do your kids love making and playing with paper airplanes? If so, they are going to have a blast making these fun paper airplane Valentine’s this year.
Grab our template and have fun making these cute and easy conversation heart Valentine’s Day cards.
Want to make a fun Valentine Card Box to go along with your taco Valentine cards? Check out this amazing tutorial for how to make a taco Valentine card box over at Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day crafts inspiration? Check out our awesome list of more than 40 fun and easy Valentine’s Day crafts for kids.