Materials you Will Need:
- 2 sheets of white or cream card stock paper for the bread slices.
- 1 sheet of white paper
- red acrylic paint and paint brush
- glue stick
- black marker
1. Cut the top of your two cream colored card stock sheets in the shape of a loaf of bread (like the top of a heart).
2. Have your child paint one of the sheets with the red paint. Set aside the painted sheet to dry.
3. While the paint is drying, have your child draw and color on the white paper small pictures of the critters/animals (whatever they come up with) that they want to trap in their jam sandwich.
4. Have your child cut out the objects they just drew to trap them in the sandwich.
5. When the red paint is completely dry, paste the little pictures onto the jam sandwich slice.
6. Take the other sheet of the card stock paper and use the black marker to write the following on it: In my giant jam sandwich, I caught…. __________________ (and fill in the blank of whatever they dictate to you that they caught in their sandwich).
7. Take the two card stock sheets and place them together (facing each other). Then help your child staple the edge in three spots to seal it together (like a book).
8. Open up your giant jam sandwich and it is finished!!