And you say, “Mr. Shark is hungry for the letter…(and say a letter).” Your child finds the correct letter and feeds him to your shark while you say “Chomp, chomp, chomp!”
Materials you need:
-gray marker or crayon
-large wiggly eye
-3 inch pieces of white yarn
-hot glue gun
1. Seal your envelope and color it gray.
2. Cut a triangle piece out of one side of your envelope to make the mouth.
3. Take the triangle piece you cut just cut out, put some glue on the inside of it to seal it together, and then glue it to the back of the envelope to make the fin.
4. Glue on the large wiggly eye and the 3 pieces of yarn. The yarn makes the gills for the shark.
5. Cut out some teeth from the white felt and attach them to the mouth of the shark.
6. Now make some flashcards (mine are approx 2 1/2″ x 2″) and have fun playing the Alphabet Chomper Game.
If you make this fun craft and game, make sure you come back and let me how it went!
**I found the idea for Mr. Shark in “The Mailbox” Magazine for Teachers.