Looking for a fun way to turn those first day of school photos into a cute keepsake? This back to school photo keepsake card is fun for kids to make and is perfect for hanging up when school starts and then keeping in a scrapbook to look back on in years to come. Our printable template makes prep for this back to school craft a breeze!
How to Make a Back to School Photo Keepsake Card
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- school bus photo keepsake card template <—- GET THE TEMPLATE HERE
- white cardstock
- acrylic gems (optional)
- 4-inch x 4-inch photo
- black marker
- crayons (optional)
1. Begin by printing off the back to school photo keepsake card template on white cardstock paper. We have both a color version and black white version for kids to color on their own.
2. Cut out the pieces of the photo keepsake template. The white, red and orange lights on the template are optional. You can use acrylic gems instead.
3. Fold the school bus in half to create the card. Glue the bumper at the bottom of the school bus and the tires on the back of the school bus.
4. Use a pencil to fill in the blanks on the template for the inside of the card. Glue it on the left side inside the card. Then glue a 4-inch by 4-inch photo on the right inside of the card.
5. Glue the lights on the front of the school bus or use acrylic gems like we did.
6. Finish your back to school photo keepsake card by using a black marker to add details on the front of the bus like writing the school year and school bus at the bottom of the bus. Kids might even like to draw a bus driver inside the front window of the bus.
Looking for more back to school crafts:
This back to school photo frame made out of craft sticks is another fun keepsake craft. You can attach a clothespin to the bottom of the frame and use it to display children’s artwork throughout the school year.
Have children who love making slime? Make some glitter apple slime as a fun back to school activity.
Couple a favorite back to school book, The Kissing Hand, with a darling newspaper raccoon craft.
This paper apple craft is great for fall and back to school time. They would make a fun gift for a teacher too.