If you are excited for fall and all things pumpkin, you are going to love this 3D pumpkin craft! It’s such a fun way to celebrate the beginning of the fall season.
This easy pumpkin craft is simple for kids to make and the finished project looks so festive and fun hung up on display for the fall season.
We made our craft with three paper pumpkins in a row. There are so many ways you can customize the craft project though.
You can fill a whole sheet of paper with 3D pumpkins to look like a pumpkin patch. Or fold a half sheet of paper in half to create a card and glue a pumpkin on the front to create a fall themed greeting card for a friend or family member.
How to Make a 3D Pumpkin Craft
Our printable template makes this craft super easy for kids to create and it helps make prep time for this fun paper pumpkin craft a breeze. Grab the template, colored paper and a few other supplies and get ready for an afternoon of fun creating these darling 3D pumpkins.
Read our easy step-by-step instructions below for how to make your own 3D paper pumpkins. Make sure to watch our video tutorial inside this post before get started too.
Supplies needed to make this 3D paper pumpkin craft:
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- pumpkin craft template <—– Get the template here
- orange cardstock paper (we used 65 lb.)
- brown cardstock paper
- Kraft cardstock paper (or the color of background of your choice)
- green pipe cleaners
- extra strength glue stick
Instructions for making your 3D pumpkins
1. Download and print out the paper pumpkins craft template on orange cardstock paper. You could also use orange construction paper instead.
Each page of the template has two paper pumpkins on it. One page of the template has a smaller pumpkin shape and the other has one a bit larger. You can mix the two together and create as many pumpkins as you would like. We even printed out the templates on different colors of orange paper to add extra color to our pumpkin craft.
See Also: 3D Hot Air Balloon Card
2. Cut the template down the middle along the dashed line where indicated. Then fold each half along the dashed line of the sheet of paper where indicated on the template.
3. Cut out all three of the folded pumpkin shapes from the template. Use your glue stick to add glue to one of the folded paper pumpkin halves. Then glue another folded pumpkin onto it. Add glue again and glue the third paper pumpkin half onto it. This creates the 3D pumpkin shape for your craft.
5. Cut a small rectangle piece of brown cardstock for a pumpkin stem. Turn your 3D pumpkin face down and glue the stem on the back seam of the pumpkin.
6. Cut a green pipe cleaner in half. Curl one end around your finger several times to create a curly pumpkin vine. Attach the pipe cleaner vine to the back of the pumpkin with a piece of tape.
Related: 3D Fall Tree Paper Craft
7. Cut a sheet of kraft cardstock in half to glue your pumpkins onto. Add a generous amount of glue stick on the back of each 3D pumpkin and glue it onto the cardstock in a line.
For our craft we used three paper pumpkins. If you create more, you can use a larger piece of cardstock paper to fit them all on. You could also attach one to the front of a folded card.
More Pumpkin Kids Crafts
Recycle plastic lids and work on kids sewing skills when you create this beautiful pumpkin sewing craft. You can string several together to make a fun fall themed banner to hang for decoration.
My kids love the five little pumpkins book and rhyme. Here’s a fun five little pumpkins art project to go along with the book that kids will love creating.
This paper plate pumpkin craft from our friend at hello, wonderful is fun for kids to make and is also a fabulous way to learn about emotions with preschoolers.
Make one of the 3D pumpkins from this craft and then use it in this cute hedgehog craft for the fall season.
All you need is paper and crepe paper to make one of these super cute Halloween Jack-o-Lantern windsocks with your kids this fall.
Check out our full list of over 125 fun fall arts and crafts projects for kids!