This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our full disclosure policy for more information.
As we were making this craft we decided using the yarn was perfectly fitting for a sheep craft since the animals are so gracious in providing their wool for our use. We have been learning the Baa, Baa, Black Sheep nursery rhyme this week so we made a black sheep, but you could easily swap out the black yarn for white if you want to make a darling white sheep craft.
HOW TO MAKE A YARN WRAPPED SHEEP CRAFT FOR KIDS
- black yarn
- gray paint
- 4 clothespins
- googly eyes
- black marker
- glue (we use tacky glue for more heavy duty crafts like this)
1. Start by cutting out the shape of a sheep body and a sheep face from your cardboard.
2. Paint your sheep face and your four clothespins with gray paint and set them aside to dry.
3. Secure the end of a long piece of black yarn onto the back of the sheep with a piece of tape. Now wrap the yarn around your sheep in every direction until the body is as covered as you can get it. Secure the end of the yarn to the back of the sheep with another piece of tape.
You might also enjoy these crafts and activities:
- Baa Baa Black Sheep Craft
- Printable Sheep Sight Words Game
- Balloon Printed Chicks
- Cupcake Liner Sheep Craft
- Brussels Sprouts Stamped Bunny Craft