It’s simply amazing the fun things you can create with newspaper! I’m beginning to lose count on all of the fun creations we’ve made so far. Our latest is this newspaper polar bear craft and it’s perfect for a winter kids craft. It’s super simple to make and the best part is that no polar bear will look exactly the same. They will each have their own unique personality making this a fabulous creative craft for kids of all ages. Find some book recommendations at the end of this post.
This craft was inspired by this darling polar bear art project at ARTventurous.
How to Make a Newspaper Polar Bear Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
- blue cardstock
- white cardstock
- black cardstock
- googly eyes
- hole punch
- black marker
More Polar Bear Fun → Polar Bear Finger Puppets
1. Begin by cutting out several pieces from your newspaper to make your polar bear. Start with a large circle for the polar bear head. Another half circle for the the polar body body. Two ears and circle/oval shape for the polar bear snout.
2. From your black cardstock cut out two half circles for the ears and a nose.
3. Tear a piece off of your white cardstock and glue it to the bottom of your paper for the arctic snow.
4. Glue the polar body at the bottom of your page, on top of the snow. Then glue the head and ears onto your paper. Next glue the snout in the center of the polar bear face.
5. Glue the black parts of the ears and the nose onto your polar bear. Now glue on the googly eyes. Draw a mouth on your polar bear with your black marker.
6. Use your hole punch to punch out several white circles. Finish your newspaper polar bear craft by gluing the snow all around your polar bear.