Wish some happy Irish blessings upon a family member or friend this year by creating them this free printable St. Patrick’s Day card. This adorable leprechaun card is simple and easy for kids to create with our handy free template. In fact, it’s simple enough that preschoolers will even love creating some St. Patrick’s Day cards this year in honor of the holiday.
Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Card for Kids
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned.
Supplies for St. Patrick’s Day Card:
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Card printable <—- GET THE TEMPLATE HERE
- white cardstock
- orange cardstock
- cream cardstock (or you can also use Manila folders from the dollar store.)
- green cardstock
- black cardstock
- googly eyes
- peach pom-pom
- extra strength glue stick
Instructions for St. Patrick’s Day printable card:
1. Begin by downloading and printing out the free printable St. Patrick’s Day Card template on white cardstock paper. Cut out the pieces of the template.
2. Use a pencil to trace the pieces of the template on your colored cardstock paper. Trace the leprechaun card face on cream cardstock, the scalloped circle leprechaun beard on orange cardstock, the leprechaun hat on green cardstock and the small hat strip on black cardstock.
Related: Paper Plate Rainbow Yarn Art
3. Cut out each of the traced pieces of the template.
3. Fold the leprechaun face pattern down the middle to create a folded card. Add glue on the back and glue it onto the leprechaun beard, leaving space at the top for the leprechaun hat.
4. Glue the leprechaun hat and black hat strip at the top of your St. Patrick’s Day card.
5. Add glue on the back of a peach pom-pom and glue in the center of your leprechaun’s face. Then glue googly eyes on your leprechaun.
6. Use markers to draw a mouth, eyebrows and cute little freckles on your leprechaun craft.
Add the finishing touch to your free printable St Patrick’s Day card
7. To finish your adorable leprechaun card, open up the card and use markers to write a special message on the inside. We used “I’m so lucky to have you!” but there are so many different fun saying you can include.
Related: Little Shamrock Pal Finger Puppets
Here are some different sayings you can include in your printable cards:
- Wishing you large amounts of luck on this St. Patrick’s Day
- May the luck of the Irish be with you
- Super Lucky to know you
- This leprechaun wishes you a the best St. Patrick’s Day
Video Tutorial: How to Make a Leprechaun St. Patrick’s Day Card
Watch the video below to be guided through each step of our free printable St. Patrick’s Day card.
You can view more easy kids craft tutorials on our Facebook page, or right here on our website.
Looking for more simple and easy St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids? Here are more than 40 fun St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids.
On the hunt for more springs crafts to create with your children this year. You are sure to find a few things to create on this list of over 150 springs crafts for kids.