When I hear the word spring one of the first things I think of is ladybugs. We love, love ladybugs! Last year I shared this adorable balloon print ladybug craft over at Cooking with Ruthie and I’m excited to share the full tutorial with you here now.
What makes this craft extra fun is getting to paint with balloons. Who wouldn’t think that was fun, right?!
How to Make a Balloon Print Ladybug Craft
Not only will kids have fun painting with balloons, but they also get to use their fingerprints to create all of the ladybug spots. Preschoolers are going to have so much fun creating this cute insect craft!
Read our step-by-step instructions below for creating your own adorable balloon print ladybugs.
Supplies you need to make this ladybug craft:
- light blue cardstock paper (we used 12″ x 12″ size, but any size will do)
- balloon (we used a water balloon)
- red and black paint
- black cardstock paper
- small googly eyes
- black marker
- paper plate
Instructions for making this balloon print art project
1. Start by blowing up your balloon and tying a knot in it to secure it closed.
See Also: Balloon Printed Chicks
2. Pour some red paint onto a paper plate. Dip your balloon into the paint a few times to cover the bottom of the balloon completely and then stamp it onto your blue paper. Dip it in your red paint again and then stamp another red circle on your paper. Make as many balloon prints on your paper as you desire. Let the paint dry completely.
3. Cut ladybug heads out of your black cardstock paper and glue them at the top of your ladybugs.
4. Use your black marker to draw a line down the middle of your ladybug body. Also, glue two googly eyes onto each ladybug.
5. Pour some black paint onto your paper plate and finish your ladybug by making black fingerprint spots on your ladybugs.
You might also enjoy these crafts on I Heart Crafty Things:
- Eric Carle Inspired Ladybug Craft
- Balloon Print Bee Craft
- Beaded Dragonfly and Lightning Bugs
- Foam Cup Butterfly Craft
- Balloon Printed Chicks