A local church group recently asked me to take part in their women’s craft night. They asked if I would help get materials together for women to make craft kits for their children so they would have extra activities on hand for the upcoming Christmas break from school. I was excited about the challenge and turned to Pinterest for some inspiration. One of the crafts I used in the kits was an adorable kids Santa craft found at Artsonia.
(Update: This craft came through my Pinterest feed again and I discovered that it actually originated from The Art Teacher’s Closet.)
There isn’t a How-to on the site since they just profile art projects so I thought I’d share my patterns with you and some instructions so you can make this adorable craft with the little ones in your life.
– Santa Craft Pattern Page 1 (Print HERE)
– Santa Craft Pattern Page 2 (Print HERE)
– 1 Sheet Green Cardstock
– 1 Sheet Red Construction Paper
– 1 6″ white doily
– 1/2 sheet light pink cardstock paper
– 1/2 sheet white cardstock paper
– cotton ball
– black paint
– white paint
1. Use the Santa Craft Pattern Page 1 to cut out a red triangle shape from red construction paper. Glue it onto your green background paper.
2. Glue your white doily onto your red triangle.
3. Use the Santa Craft Pattern Page 2 to cut out the large circle on pink cardstock paper for the Santa face, cut out a white mustache, and use the circle patterns to cut out 2 white circles and 1 red circle.
4. Glue the pink large circle in the middle of the doily. Glue the two smaller white circles as eyes on your Santa face, the white mustache where lips would go and the red smaller circle right on top of the mustache as a nose.
5. Glue a cotton ball at the top of the red triangle.
6. Pour a small amount of black paint onto a small paper plate. Dip the tip of your finger lightly in the black paint and press your fingertip inside the white circles to make pupils. Next dip the tip of your finger lightly in the black paint and press your fingertip under the mustache to make a mouth. Lastly, press your fingertips down the bottom of the triangle to make buttons.
7. Pour a small amount of black paint onto a small paper plate. Dip the tip of your finger lightly in the white paint and draw eyebrows on your Santa. Next dip the tip of your finger lightly in the white paint and press your fingertip all over your green background to create snow falling. Let the paint dry completely.
You might also enjoy: