This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias We hope you feel inspired to get crafty and personalize some Easter baskets this year with these adorable DIY Easter Bunny Candy Pouches.
Do you have some-bunny special in your life that could use a sweet reminder of how much you love them this Easter? Today I’m sharing how to make these super duper adorable DIY Easter Bunny candy pouches that add the perfect personal touch and cuteness to any Easter basket.
HOW TO MAKE DIY EASTER BUNNY CANDY POUCHES
Did I mention how adorable they are and how simple they are to make?! You almost don’t want to open them up because they are so cute, but then when you do it’s like “Ta-da!” —a special surprise of sweetness inside that is sure to brighten somebody’s day!
Supplies needed to make your bunny pouches:
- white and pink cardstock paper
- googly eyes
- small pink buttons
- black marker
- Easter candy (I used some of my favorites—M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake (sold for a limited time exclusively at Target), DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs and Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans (find a special coupon at Cartwheel).
Instructions for making Easter Bunny Candy Pouches:
1. Start by cutting a rectangle piece of white cardstock paper 4 1/2-inches by 7 inches. Join the ends together to make a cylinder shape. Overlap the ends by about 1-inch and then use a stapler to seal it shut.
2. Flatten out one end of the cylinder and staple it closed. You’ll be left with an opening in one end of your pouch. If you are making more than one Easter Bunny candy pouch, get your other pouches ready to this step.
3. Cut out bunny ears from your white cardstock paper and small pink pieces for the inside of the ears and glue them onto the bunny ears.
4. Now comes the fun part! Gather all of the Easter candy you’d like to use to fill your bunny pouches. Target is my go-to store for all of my Easter basket and candy supply needs.
I filled my Easter Bunny candy pouches with some of my favorite candies —M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake, DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs and Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans. Target Super Stores will be hosting a sampling event on March 20th if you want to try some of these yummy candies.
5. Fill your open pouches about three-quarters full with your Easter candy.
6. Flatten and close the open pouch end, place your bunny ears in the right position behind the pouch and staple them and the pouch closed.
7. Finish your DIY Easter Bunny candy pouches by gluing on googly eyes, a pink button nose, and then using a black marker to draw a mouth onto your bunny.
Now use your Easter Bunny candy pouches to put together a cute Easter basket for some-bunny special in your life. We added to the bunny theme of our basket by including a DOVE Milk Chocolate Bunny and a Skittles Bunny Topper.
This simple and adorable bunny basket is sure to make somebody’s Easter sweeter!
What special traditions does your family have for Easter? Make sure to check out more sweet and crafty Easter ideas at Mars/Wrigley!