If you are a regular around here, you know how much I love Paper Plate Crafts! We made this Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft to start out our holiday crafting and added a bit of learning skills into it with some lacing practice. I love how the ridge of the paper plate gives the paper plate Christmas tree craft some added texture.
How to Make a Paper Plate Christmas Tree Craft
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- paper plate
- green acrylic paint
- paint brush
- hole punch
- ribbon or yarn
- brown cardstock paper or brown foam sheet
- star foam sticker
- sequins, small poms or embellishments
1. Start by painting your paper plate green. Let it dry completely.
2. When your paper plate is dry, cut it into thirds, then cut one of the section a bit smaller. When you layer them together with the smallest one on top, you have a Christmas Tree shape.
3. Use your hole punch to punch six (6) holes across the bottom of each paper plate section.
4. Cut a 12-inch section of ribbon for each paper plate section and lace them through the holes. Start by bringing the ribbon up from the back of the paper plate into the first hole and then continue through the holes, finishing with the excess ribbon hanging off the back of the paper plate.
5. Tape the excess pieces of ribbon to the back of the paper plate to hold them in place.
6. When you are finished lacing all your pieces, use a stapler to staple them together into your Christmas tree.
Upgrade your art skills! Learn how to draw a rose!
7. Finish you paper plate Christmas tree craft by stapling (or gluing) on a brown tree stump cut out from your brown paper and adding a foam star sticker at the top.
8. Glue on any sequin or embellishments that you would like to decorate your paper plate Christmas Tree craft. Such a beautiful piece of artwork to display for the holiday!
Looking for more fun paper plate Christmas crafts? You’ll love this cute paper plate Santa craft or this darling paper plate reindeer craft. Or do you have Grinch fans? They’ll love this fun paper plate Grinch craft. Or how about a totally random Unicorn Coloring Page?