PUMPKIN CANDY PRESCHOOL MATH ACTIVITY
Supplies you will need:
2. Have your preschooler roll the dice. Place the dice at the top of the addition card and use them to make an addition problem with your pumpkins. Preschoolers count each dice and place that many pumpkins in the space on the printable.
3. Now solve the addition problem. I would say the problem out loud like “Let’s solve the addition problem. Two plus five equals…” and then she would count all the pumpkins to find the answer. Once she solved the problem, she found the answer in the number pile and placed it on the printable after the equals sign. We then repeated the addition problem again with the answer.
4. Continue playing for as long as your preschooler stays engaged and excited about the game. After a few times of me reciting the addition problem for her, she was able to play independently and recite the problem by herself.
This is great for preschoolers to play independently or with a small group. You can also use any type of counting manulative you have on hand like beans, pennies or buttons. Another fun idea is to rotate the manipulatives each month according to the season or holiday to keep the activity fresh for preschoolers.
This post is part of a collaborative preschool series where five bloggers and myself have joined together to bring you fun crafts and activities based on a common preschool learning theme. This week we are sharing ideas focused on a pumpkin theme.
Check out all the other pumpkin themed ideas from our collaborative preschool bloggers:
Upper & Lowercase Alphabet Puzzles| School Time Snippets
Twist and Mix: Color Mixing Pumpkins| Hand Made Kids Art
Pumpkin Face Play Dough Game| A Little Pinch of Perfect
Jack-o-Lantern Craft with Changeable Emotions| Artsy Momma
Glittery and Googly No-Carve Pumpkins | Pink Stripey Socks
Stop by October 16th for Monster Activities!
You might also enjoy these crafts and activities:
- Preschool Pumpkin Number Lacing Activity
- Knuckle Printed Pumpkin Patch Art
- Washi Tape Patterned Pumpkins
- Five Little Pumpkins Sensory Bin
- Balloon Printed Pumpkin Patch Art
Follow I Heart Crafty Things on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more crafty fun!