Of all the holidays in the year, we have definitely lacked in Mother’s Day and Father’s Day ideas here on I Heart Crafty Things. I’m hoping to remedy that this year with some fun ideas that kids can make for parents, grandparents aunts and uncles. Today I’m sharing this simple but adorable kid-made Mother’s Day Card made out of one of our favorite materials, cupcake liners.
Several of these cards can be whipped up in a jiffy and even preschoolers will be able to make and personalize them all on their own.
How to Make a Kid-Made Mother’s Day Card
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. I Heart Crafty Things is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Regular size and mini size cupcake liners
- 5-inch by 7-inch blank cards
- green crayon (we also used green cardstock paper)
- tacky glue
- glue stick
- Happy Mother’s Day Stamp
- stamp pad
(*A big thank you to Oriental Trading and Horizon Group USA for providing us with the buttons for this craft.)
1. Start by stamping your Happy Mother’s Day stamp onto the bottom right corner of your blank card. We used both white ink and black ink but you can use any color you like.
2. Next glue a regular size cupcake liner onto the card with your glue stick. I left the edges unglued so they popped off the card some.
3. Take another regular sized cupcake liner, fold it in half and trim it down a bit. You can make the edge curvy, or make slits along the edge around the liner. However you want to customize your flower. Then glue it down on top of your other cupcake liner.
4. Layer your flower one more time by gluing a mini cupcake liner on top.
Love drawing things? Learn how to draw a Skull!
5. Glue a few brightly colored buttons in the center of your flower.
6. Finish your flower card by drawing a stem on your flower with your green crayon. We made a few variations of the stem. You could also use green cardstock paper for the stem, or green buttons.
We plan to insert a picture on the inside of the card and write a personal message to Grandma’s for Mother’s Day.
Looking for more simple kid-made Mother’s Day Cards?
These Hyacinth Flower Mother’s Day Cards are another gorgeous flower card and the printable template makes them easy to make.
Have a superhero Mom or Grandma? Make her one of these darling DIY Superhero Mother’s Day Cards.
Cupcake liners can also be used to create this simple “You are my Sunshine Card” for Mother’s Day.