Have you heard the “I’m bored” phrase too much already this summer? My kids and I put together this DIY Funny Face Flip Book activity recently and not only was it simple to put together, but it kept my kids creatively entertained for an entire afternoon.
Believe me when I tell you it’s amazingly fun because I could hardly keep myself away from it. Ha! It’s a great activity for the whole family to participate in and enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links to the products mentioned. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
How to Make a DIY Funny Face Flip Book
Supplies Needed to Make this DIY Flip Book
– white cardstock paper
– 3 metal book rings
– hole punch
– glasses stickers or googly eyes (optional)
Directions for this DIY Funny Face Flip Book
1. Cut your white cardstock paper into quarters. Do this by cutting a sheet in half and then both of those pieces in half again. Now cut out a piece of cardboard the same size as your cardstock pieces.
2. Cut each of your white cardstock pieces into thirds. To do this, cut your quarter pieces to 5 1/4″ length, then cut each of the three sections at 1 3/4″ length.
3. Punch a hole in one end of each of your pieces with your hole punch. Then, lay three pieces onto your cardboard so you can punch a coordinating hole into the cardboard for each of the pieces. Attach all of your cardstock pieces to your cardboard backing with your metal book rings.
Upgrade your art skills! Learn how to draw a cat!
4. Now the fun part begins. Use your markers to draw facial features on your white cardstock pieces. In the top sections draw eyes, in the middle sections draw noses and in the bottom sections draw mouths. You can get extra creative by adding details like eyelashes, eyebrows, teeth, tongue, etc. We had some scrapbooking stickers on hand that had fun glasses stickers so we used them along with some googly eyes for one of our faces.
When you are all finished drawing out all of your different facial features flip through your DIY funny face flip book to combine different features together to make silly faces. This makes a really fun combined family activity too. Everyone can take a turn to draw facial features and afterwards take turns combining everyone’s features together for a night of laughter and fun.
Looking for more fun ways to keep the kids entertained this summer? Check out these 50+ zoo animal crafts or this simple color scavenger hunt activity.
More Flip Book Fun for the Kids!
DIY Mix & Match Book from Life Over C’s