There is a myriad of variations of Cloud Dough recipes I’ve seen and the closest to what I was going for I found at Sow Sprout Play. She used Hot Cocoa packets to scent her dough and since I wanted more of a dark dirt consistency and needed to fill my container pretty deep for digging in, I had to make some changes.
Cocoa Scented “Dirt” Cloud Dough Recipe
- 6 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
2. Add the vegetable oil and use the large spoon to mix together the majority of the oil into the flour mixture. You won’t be able to mix the entire thing together with the spoon, but using the spoon helps to avoid your hands from being completely saturated by the oil. Finish mixing the dough together with your hands, trying to incorporate the oil into as much of the flour as you can. Cloud Dough is very forgiving. If you feel like more oil is needed, add more oil. If you want to add more flour, add more flour. Just work with it until you reach your desired consistency. Since we were going for a muddy, dirt consistency our recipe uses more oil than most recipes do. The dough molds together nicely, yet crumbles easily.
Meet the Co-hosts:
Now it’s your turn…
Do you have a favorite Cloud Dough recipe, activity or post you would like to share?We would love to see! Have you ever had a Cloud Dough Fail? We would love to see those too! Please link up your posts below in the link party. You can also post a picture onFacebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google+ with the tag #ilovesensorydough.
Please read the following guidelines before linking up.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month’s theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.