Materials you will need:
- 12″ x 12″ blue cardstock paper
- brown cardstock paper
- coffee filter
- green acrylic paint
- light green acrylic paint
- 2 large pom-poms
- 2 clothespins
- 2 small paper plates
- red sequins
- glue stick
- school glue
3. While the coffee filter is drying, trace your child’s hand and a section of their arm on your brown cardstock paper and cut it out.
4. Once your painted coffee filter is done drying, have your child use the glue stick to glue it onto their blue cardstock paper. Make sure to glue it at the top of the paper so your trunk will fit.
5. Now glue your brown handprint trunk onto your blue cardstock paper, with the handprint section overlapping the coffee filter.
6. Finish by gluing red sequins onto your tree as apples.
For older children who aren’t interested in using their handprint, or if they want to make a unique design, they can simply cut a tree trunk and branches out of the brown cardstock paper.
Here are some children’s books that would go along great with this craft:
You might also enjoy our Fall Puzzle Tree!