Making the Marbled Planets Preschool Space Craft
- Black and white cardstock paper (12-inch by 12-inch size)
- Acrylic paint in several colors
- Shaving cream
- 3 foil containers (we found ours at Dollar Tree $1 for a pack of 4)
- Rubber spatula
- Gold glitter glue
- Sponge brush or paint brush
- Glue stick
Instructions for Marbled Planet Artwork:
2. Squirt shaving cream into the foil containers, enough to fill the bottom of the pans. Use your rubber spatula to spread the shaving cream out evenly and make it as smooth as you can. The kids will have fun doing this part, just make sure you do the final once over.
3. Squirt various colors of acrylic paint onto the shaving cream. It seems to work best If you squirt the paint in lines of various directions. Use a toothpick to create lines up and down, side to side and diagonally. You want to end up with a marbled look in the paint as this is the design you will be transferring to your planets for your preschool space craft.
Displaying the Marbled Planets:
5. Adding your marbled planets to black cardstock will help give the impression that these planets are in space. After the painted circles are dry, simply glue the planets onto black cardstock paper.
Related: Space Shuttle Paper Craft
6. Although this last step is optional, the gold glitter really gives is the perfect finishing touch. Using a brush, paint some gold glitter glue all around the planets, just on the black part of the paper. The glue adds a bit of shine and the glitter makes it looks like little stars. It’s just what your preschool space art needs!
What do you think of this space themed art project? Do you think your little astronaut will like it? Does the shaving cream marbled painting technique replicate the real look of the planets in space? Comment below!
Puffy Paint Solar System Window Art | School Time Snippets
Hanging Glow in the Dark Star Constellation Craft | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- 10 Beautiful Earth Crafts for Kids
- Coffee Filter Sun Art
- Coffee Beans Space Sensory Bin
- Eric Carle Inspired Moon Art
- Out of This World Craft