Last week we shared our Paper Straw Snowflake Craft which was not only a fun craft but coupled as great preschool scissor cutting practice for my daughter. My creative preschool buddies also shared some great tips, crafts and activities for scissor cutting practice and today I’m sharing them all with you in one post!
Turn paper plate characters into an amazingly fun scissor practice activity with these Paper Plate Haircuts from Pink Stripey Socks. Preschoolers are sure to have the time of their life hair styling these characters! In fact, it looks like so much fun that I want to try it out for myself!
Artsy Momma shares how to use cut up paper scraps mixed with re-purposed artwork to create this darling Paper Plate Turtle Craft. What preschooler doesn’t love to have free play cutting up paper right?! I love how she turned the scraps into a beautiful work of art.
Hand Made Kids Art shows us this genius idea for preschoolers to cut up character wrapping paper and create this fabulous DIY Creative Banner for Kids. What a great way for kids to help decorate for parties as well! Hand Made Kids Art also shares some great scissor tips for beginners!
I shared how preschoolers can cut up paper straws for scissor practice and then use them to create this pretty Paper Straw Snowflake Craft.
More Scissor Cutting Practice ideas:
- Valentine’s Day Scissor Cutting Practice Tray
- Build Draw and Create with Shapes
- Guess the Shapes Activity and Scissor Practice
- Sun Craft Scissor Skill Activity
- Cupcake Liner Flowers with Scissor Practice
- Kids’ Matisse Inspired Collages
- How to turn STEM into STEAM
- 70+ Recycled Crafts from Gift Wrappings
- Apple Tree Craft for Preschoolers
- Preschool Bumblebee Craft
- Toilet Roll Glasses