Materials you will need:
- white piece of card stock paper 6″ x 8 1/2″
- white piece of card stock paper 3″ x 4 1/4″
- patriotic themed washi tape (I purchased mine at Pickyourplum.com) If you can’t find the blue with white stars on it, you can just use any red, white and blue washi tape.
- glue stick
- hole punch
- smaller letter stamps (optional)
- stamp pad (optional)
3. Add glue to the back of your blue and white star piece and glue it on to your striped flag.
4. Use your hole punch to punch holes in the top corners of your flag, and tie a knot through each hole with a piece of string to make a hanger for your flag.
Here is my 3 1/2 year old’s completed flag:
For a fun twist for older children, have them come up with a few words that remind them of the Fourth of July and stamp them with small letter stamps on the flag. You’ll have to make sure to leave some of the white card stock showing through as some of the stripes if you do it this way so you have something to stamp on.
If you’re looking for something to keep the kiddos occupied during family festivities and BBQ’s, this craft is sure to do the trick! They sure make fun little decorations too.