Materials You Will Need:
-White sheet of card stock paper
-Fine Tip Black Marker
-Flesh color crayon
-Pink paint and paint brush
1. Use a pencil to trace your child’s hand onto the white card stock paper. Make sure your child’s fingers are spread out like in the picture below.
2. Re-trace the hand print with the black marker. I used pencil to trace the hand first because I knew how wiggly my kids would be and I had to use my eraser to smooth out some of the lines before tracing it with the black marker.
3. Have your child color their hand print with a flesh colored crayon.
4. Next dip the bottom of your marker into the pink paint and press it on top of each finger twice to make a pig head and body. You could also use fingerprints if you want.
6. Once dried completely, use the fine tipped marker to add the details to your pig: ears, nose, eyes, tail, etc.
7. At the top of the paper write “My Five Piggies” and have your child write their name on the bottom of the paper. I had to write the words at the top for my 4-year old but my 6-year old was obviously able to do it by himself. Now you are finished!
Tomorrow I will be sharing a Piggy Snack to go along with this story so I hope you’ll come back and take a peek!