Supplies you will need:
- empty plastic fruit cup, washed and dried
- white cardstock paper
- white acrylic paint
- paint brush
- silver glitter
- googly eyes
- black hole punch circles
- orange foam sheet or orange cardstock paper
2. Once dry, turn it upside down and glue on googly eyes, an orange carrot nose made from a foam sheet (or orange paper), and black circles (made from a hole punch) for the coal mouth.
3. Next, cut a circular shape out of white cardstock paper. It doesn’t have to be perfect, in fact I think it looks better not perfect. Just make sure to make it quite a bit bigger than the plastic fruit cup.
4. To make the melted snow, mix white acrylic paint and flour together until it is a paste consistency. I start with a 1:1 ratio of the paint and flour and then add more paint until it gets to the paste consistency. Spread it all over your white circle, leaving thick amounts in places. At this point I sprinkled some silver glitter on the paint to make the snow sparkly.
5. Press the snowman head down into the white paint while it is still wet. You can add more snow (paint/flour mixture) around the snowman if needed.
6. You can also press down a couple small buttons into the white paint to act as the buttons that melted off the snowman. I also cut a couple small twigs off of one of our bushes in our front yard for the arms and pressed them right into the white paint. The paint is so thick with the flour in it that they stuck right in. I positioned mine differently on each side to give it more effect.
7. The paint is really thick so it will need to dry overnight.
After taking these pictures I thought it would have been fun to add a scarf around him with extra fabric scraps. Oh well, next time…