Last week we shared our cute Octopus which is not only a cute craft, but is great for preschoolers to work on cutting practice and fine motor skills. My creative preschool buddies also shared some great ocean themed crafts and activities and today I’m excited to share them all with you in one post. Get ready to plan a fun week learning all about the Ocean with your preschooler because there are some fantastic ideas here!
Click on the links below the pictures to be taken to the original post for the tutorial and to pin any individual posts.
1. Use party streamers and Cheerios to create this adorable Octopus Craft. Look for fun book recommendations at the end of the post.
2. Have you ever tried marbled shaving cream painting? Use this fun painting technique to create a colorful seahorse craft and couple it with knot tying practice, perfect for preschoolers.
3. Preschoolers will love getting their hands in this Ocean Sensory Activity. Try it with the sand dry and wet and with the addition of seaweed for even more fun. As a supplemental activity, use your seashells to create a matching game.
4. Print out one or several of these free ocean animal printables and have fun painting and creating your own ocean scene. Learn an awesome tip for how to create seaweed to add to your artwork within the post.
5. Whip up a batch of puffy paint and create an adorable Puffy Paint Ocean Collage. Preschoolers can practice counting as they add their goldfish onto their artwork. Look for a great book recommendation within the post.